23 Falls Creek Road, Falls Creek, North East Victoria, Australia
Driving to Falls Creek Hotel
- Travel time from Melbourne is 4.5 hours and 8 hours from Sydney (by car).
- The road to Falls Creek is safe and cleared of snow daily, chains are rarely fitted.
- Carrying chains, however, is compulsory by law regardless of the weather conditions. Chains can be hired at Ski Shops at Tawonga South or Mt Beauty.
Handy Snow Driving Hints
- Make sure you add Antifreeze to your radiator.
- Carrying chains is a legal requirement. Consider using a ground sheet and gloves when fitting chains.
- Avoid sudden braking or acceleration.
- A Windscreen Scraper will clear ice from car windows.
- If you’re staying for a few days you may need a shovel to dig your car out of the snow.
- The resort entry fee is paid at the Howmans Gap entry gate and pays for car parking, daily snow clearing, ski patrol, public day shelters and the village shuttle bus.
- Car parking attendants are on duty until midnight most nights and 2:00 am on Saturday. For arrivals after this time, park at the oversnow terminal until 8:00 am the next morning and purchase an entry ticket at the resort management office to avoid a penalty.
- Accommodation Transfer Service: Operated by the Resort Management Service. Ph: (03) 5758 1200
- Free Village Shuttle: Operates from early morning to early evening offering free transport throughout the village (no luggage).
For more on getting here visit the Falls Creek Resort website.
Ski in, Ski Out
The Falls Creek Hotel is located in the heart of the village with 3 lifts within 150m of the door & every room has a view. Under normal snow conditions the hotel offers a true ski-in ski-out experience in the warm friendly atmosphere of a family operated lodge.
Under normal snow conditions the Hotel offers a true ski in ski out experience. Put your skis on at the door and jump on the Eagle chairlift to access the runs on the backside or if you are and expert just scoot over to the Summit. To get home follow the signs to the ‘Village Bowl’ and you can ski right up to the front door.
If you are a beginner and need to access the Falls Express chairlift to the ski school a free village shuttle will pick you up at the front of the Hotel. This service can also bring you home until you are comfortable enough to ski back.